Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0908-9089
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director of Residential Life, manages the assignment component of the Department of Residential Life and shares departmental management responsibilities.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and coordinates the procedures regulating room draw, fee bill payment and deferral system and room cancellations.
- Participates in developing departmental policies and procedures, as part of the management team.
- Manages telephone system and switchboards for residences, supervising full-time and student staff, and planning major changes involving system conversions.
- Develops budget and approves expenditures for Residence hall assignments and telephones.
- Directs on-line computer system development for assignments, and supervises integration of assignment system with campus-wide systems development.
- Prepares studies, analyses and recommendations regarding occupancy levels, maximum utilization of space and enrollment trends.
- Directs systems to initiate charges and refunds for room and board fees and enforces payment or deferral of same; determines room deposit requirements and procedures for cancellations for non-payment, working closely with the bursar and financial aid.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that govern housing assignments, including eligibility, housing contracts, emergency and temporary housing and special interest housing.
- Supervises professional and clerical staff and recommends staffing needs.
- Administers room and residence change procedures.
- Reviews requests and approves exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves complaints from parents, students and staff regarding problems with policies, procedures and housing assignments, and counsels students as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel Administration, Counseling or related field
- Three to five years residence hall experience with at least two years in residence hall assignments
- Administrative, supervisory, and management skills, including ability to work with detail
- Excellent communication and human relations skills
Date Created: 6/28/85
Date Revised: 9/13/99