Payroll Title: UCP I
Class Code: 0138-09081
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: N
Under the supervision of designated supervisor or Master Teacher, teaches young children and assists with the research and student training of the Human Development and Family Studies Program.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches young children directly, providing for individual needs in all areas of development; arranges classroom environment to meet developmental needs as directed by the Teacher/Master Teacher.
- Assists in planning and carrying out curriculum and program by observing and documenting children’s growth and development in coordination with other classroom teachers.
- Assists in the supervision, scheduling and evaluation of student staff.
- Provides information to the Teacher/Master Teacher for use in developmental assessments on individual children.
- Assists in planning curriculum, program goals and classroom procedures in accordance with the philosophy of the Child Development Labs.
- Maintains contact with parents through daily connections and communications.
- Keeps abreast of current literature in the area of child development and participates in opportunities for continued professional development in accordance with NAEYC criteria.
- Provides feedback regarding educational innovations and improvements.
- May oversee classroom management in the absence of the Teacher/Master Teacher.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field.
- Completed practicum work or one to two years successful experience working with young children in a group setting.
- Ability to relate to young children.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or child development.
- Completed practicum experience with Head Teacher Qualification or State Certification.
- Ability to work independently.
Date Created: 02/20/06