Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0754-9087
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director, is responsible for assisting in the preparation of the University’s annual budget document; for establishing proper budget controls and for maintaining, generating and analyzing financial data for decision-making and planning by key University administrators.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for preparing monthly computer-generated financial reports, which serve to inform university officials of expenditures and allotments for Tuition and General Fund accounts, with responsibility for the accuracy of such reports.
- Schedule of Allotments – by Vice President
- Schedule of Allotments and Expenditures by Type of Expenditure
- schedule of Unallocated Funds
- summary of Allotments and Expenditures for Payroll and Energy for the General Fund and a Cash Flow Projection for Tuition Fund
- Periodic Financial Reports as Requested for Academic Departments.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly computer-generated accounting reports for various State agencies, including the Office of Policy and Management, Department of Higher Education and Office of Fiscal Analysis.
- Maintains a computerized budgetary allotment accounting system, including monthly reconciliations with the official University accounting records, requiring the ability to write complex computer programs for record keeping and report generating purposes.
- Assists the Director in controlling General and Tuition Fund expenditures through analysis of accounting and consultation with department officials.
- Analyses the monthly accounting transaction error listing reports and prepares correcting journal entries.
- Develops financial information for costing collective bargaining proposals and prepares fiscal impact statements.
- Records and processes departmental requests for overtime funds.
- Monitors and updates all current computer programs designed to account for the budgetary allotment system; develops new programs as requested.
- Assists in preparing the University General Fund and Tuition Fund budgets for review by various State agencies.
- Assists in preparing the University’s General Fund and Tuition Fund and Tuition Fund Budgets
- Including analysis of individual department budgets for allotment adjustments as needed.
- Serves as a resource to University departments and administrators regarding financial data and proper budget procedures and practices and resolves related problems.
- Serves as a resource to department staff to resolve problems and provide technical assistance and advice.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent experience and training
- Three to four years experience in budgeting, accounting or related area.
- Strong budget and accounting analytical skills
- Ability to solve complex budgeting and accounting problems.
- Knowledge of fund accounting and budget principles
- Good communication skills
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Ability to design and write computer programs for budgetary purposes.
Date Created: 2/13/85