Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0567-9085
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, assists with the control and allocation of University budgets through the utilization and maintenance of computerized databases.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares computer generated financial reports which assist university officials in the monitoring and control of departmental budget allocations and expenditures. Prepares graphs and charts, as needed.
- Maintains computerized database of expenditures and usage of all university and branch utility consumption to be used for budget analysis and projections. Prepares monthly cost/usage reports for state agencies.
- Maintains computerized databases used for budget analysis and projections to ensure that the university does not exceed its expenditure authority in such areas as Personal Services.
- Supervises and coordinates assembly of annual budget documents for submission to the Board of Trustees and the state. Assists in the technical preparation of budget documents needed for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Maintains and updates computer programs designed to account for the departmental budgetary accounting systems, including technical changes appropriate to establish the new year budgets.
- Maintains computerized database of annual position request file from all university departments.
- Provides technical supervision to administrative support staff.
- Maintains office inventory of data processing equipment; coordinates procurement and integration of data processing equipment and software into office operating systems; maintains and monitors data protection interference for all PC’s.
- Independently composes, prepares and/or edits financial reports containing information which requires general knowledge of policies and procedures governing the operation of the department.
- Communicates with other university offices and/or outside agencies to clarify procedures and request information.
- May indicate clerical/student staff needs; participates in applicant interviews and recommends employee selection; may train, establish work schedules for and oversee work of clerical and/or student staff.
- Maintains and/or monitors fiscal records; may monitor and approve routine expenditures.
- Reviews budget procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and recommend changes to supervisor.
- Transmits authoritative information and serves as a resource to students staff and others regarding routine policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree and one to two years related experience or four to six years experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position in a fiscal office including tow years experience utilizing spreadsheet and word-processing programs.
- Two years experience preparing computer generated financial reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to establish good working relationships with department/university staff and other individuals and groups outside the university
- Ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of computer software programs.
- Good organizational skills
Date Created: 3/24/83
Date Revised: 01/02/04