Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0721-9087
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of designated supervisor, organizes, coordinates, and conducts orientation for entering students and their parents.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and conducts summer orientation program to inform entering students and their parents about University programs and services and acquaint them with the campus and campus life.
- Coordinates and makes all necessary arrangements for publicity, faculty advising, summer registration of courses for entering students, housing, meals, schedules and similar matters.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates student staff hired to assist in program; may teach credit course required for all orientation staff and open to other interested students.
- Performs special assignments such as producing an “Almanac” and conducting campus tours.
- Determines program needs, evaluates programs and makes recommendations for improvements, expansion and future needs.
- Coordinates program presentation and faculty advising with appropriate University schools and departments.
- Prepares recommendation for program budget; monitors approved budget and approves expenses within budget limits.
- Assists with other student activities programs as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
MNIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Student Activities/Programming, Student Personnel, Counseling or related field.
- Four years experience conducting a comparable orientation program.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the public, students, faculty, staff and external agencies.
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours
Date Created: 6/28/85