UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. A commitment to human health and well-being has been of utmost importance to UConn Health since the founding of the University of Connecticut schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine in 1961. Based on a strong foundation of groundbreaking research, first-rate education, and quality clinical care, we have expanded our medical missions over the decades. In just over 50 years, UConn Health has evolved to encompass more research endeavors, to provide more ways to access our superior care, and to innovate both practical medicine and our methods of educating the practitioners of tomorrow.
The Director of Talent Acquisition leads a full-cycle recruitment program which includes the development and implementation of UConn Health Talent Acquisition Strategy designed to attract highly qualified and diverse talent throughout the enterprise.
Reports to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources
Supervises all staff in the assigned area(s) to include Talent Acquisition Team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for development and implementation of a Talent Acquisition Strategy to achieve the most appropriate sourcing, evaluation, and selection of highly qualified and diverse talent.
- Develops, organizes, and executes business plans to achieve annual talent acquisition goals.
- Anticipate needs, forecast staffing shortages, and formulate proactive short and long-term strategies to meet the needs of the organization.
- Directs talent acquisition team activities across entire hiring cycle including establishing and service level agreements with hiring managers and HR Client Managers, creating and executing on sourcing strategy, extending employment offers after review with compensation, checking references, background checks, and coordinating new hire onboarding with HR and the hiring organization.
- Ensures compliance with federal codes and regulations.
- Reports and manages weekly, quarterly and regular recruiting, sourcing, retention and other key TA metrics and indicators.
- Manages relationships with appropriate external organizations, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, and outsourcing and supplier management in order to meet talent acquisition and workforce hiring goals.
- Manages talent acquisition annual operating budget and plan resources to execute against hiring goals.
- Facilitates implementation and training of hiring and interview assessment tools and the service level agreement process.
- Participates in the development of new hire on-boarding and processes that support talent retention across UConn Health.
- Participates in strategic discussions with key internal and external partners to continue to remain innovative and forward looking with talent acquisition processes, tools and sourcing.
- Builds and maintains recruiting policies, procedures, and training processes to enhance recruiting effectiveness.
- Evaluates talent recruitment and placement processes to ensure positive interview and onboarding experience.
- Creates opportunities for professional development, individualized training and coaching that support recruitment and retention.
- Works closely with the University offices of Audit, Compliance and Ethics, Institutional Equity, and the state Office of Labor Relations on matters of mutual concern.
- Leverages EEO / AAP/ compliance strategies and goals to ensure EEO compliance and diversity goal achievement.
- Assists the Vice President of Human Resources in the creation and development of policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Requirement
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- Strong knowledge of employment law and a strong understanding of current employment regulations and compliance issues.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Full knowledge of human resource administration.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining and labor relations.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to drive issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition.
- Ability to identify and solve complex workplace issues.
- Ability to operate individually and employing solid decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, externally and internally.
- Ability to influence professionals of senior and executive management level.
- Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion.
Qualification/Experience & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Administration, Business or a related field and seven  or more years human resources.
- Previous healthcare recruitment experience preferred.
- Three  years’ work experience leading a recruitment department responsible for hiring at a large organization.
Certified Health Care Recruiter (CHCR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM’s equivalents.
Comprehensive Benefits Offered
- Industry-leading health insurance options and affordability
- Generous vacation and sick-time plans
- Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
- Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
- Quick commute access from I-84, Rte 9 and surrounding areas
- State of the art facility and campus environments
- Progressive leadership and educational development programs available
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit https://jobs.uchc.edu/CSS_External/CSSPage_Welcome.asp, and reference Search #2020-551.
UConn Health is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at www.ethics.state.ct.us