Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0798-9087
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
On behalf of the Dean, directs and supervises U.S. and International Admissions operations.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises and serves as a resource to departmental admissions committees, applicants and other interested parties regarding regulations, procedures, deadlines and criteria governing admission to the Graduate School.
- Reviews and evaluates applications for admission for compliance with academic standards established by the Graduate School and determines admissibility within those criteria.
- Signatory responsibility for the Dean of the Graduate School on all applications that meet admissions criteria. Exercises judgment and negotiates with academic departments in cases that are exceptions to established criteria.
- Coordinates and monitors the flow of applications to and from department admissions committees which include all fields of study at the Storrs campus, Master of Business Administration programs at the Hartford and Stamford campuses, programs at the Avery Point campus and graduate programs offered at the Health Center in Farmington.
- Makes recommendations and keeps informed regarding policies and procedures governing admission the Graduate School.
- Acts as University Graduate Representative for the New England Regional Student Program.
- Performs office management duties, directs the workflow, plans, organizes and sets priorities on work.
- Supervises two professional, four clerical and 4 to 6 student employees.
- Evaluates U.S. transcripts. Evaluates nonstandard transcripts for international applicants to determine academic equivalents and advises department admissions committee. Pursues ongoing education to keep current on changes in foreign degree equivalence and grading systems.
- Responsible for collection and deposit of application processing fees.
- Coordinates with the Office of Residential Life by providing housing applications to newly admitted students and notification when all rooms in the graduate residence hall have been assigned.
- Oversees system for response to requests for application materials.
- Prepares documentation and advises applicants of official action taken on applications.
- Maintains appropriate hard-copy and computer-based admissions data and reports.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in appropriate field
- Prior related admissions experience.
- Supervisory ability and ability to work effectively with faculty and administrators.
- Communication/counseling skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Date Created: 6/28/1985
Date Scored: 3/10/1983