Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0707-9087
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, and within Graduate School and University policies and by-laws, is responsible for the management and organization of graduate student records.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs office management duties; directs the workflow, plans, organizes and sets work priorities to meet academic calendar deadlines.
- Monitors, on a daily basis, student progress toward meeting degree requirements and deadlines, and grants approvals that such have been met.
- Certifies degree requirements have been met and student is eligible to graduate, in accordance with requirements established by Graduate School.
- Approves, on behalf of the Executive Committee of the Graduate School, plans of study for Ph.D. students and supervises approval of Master’s level plans of study, assuring established requirements are met; coordinates approval of any deviation from established requirements.
- Supervises approval of employment authorizations for graduate assistantships.
- Provides academic, career and personal counseling services for graduate degree students.
- Supervises the maintenance of all graduate student records.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates clerical staff engaged in academic record keeping; determines work assignments and work schedules.
- Revises and edits graduate catalog annually.
- Advises and serves as a resource to faculty, students, and other interested parties regarding regulations, procedures and deadlines governing graduate records and graduate degree requirements.
- Assists graduate students with and grants approvals, as appropriate, for registration and adding/dropping of courses.
- Certifies that theses and dissertations meet Graduate School requirements.
- Issues academic warning letters to students.
- Recruits graduate students.
- Keeps informed regarding changes in policies and procedures governing graduate records.
- Verifies compliance with the Graduate School’s continuous registration requirement.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in appropriate field.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Basic familiarity with standard academic record keeping procedures.
- General knowledge of academic regulations.
- Capability for meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated skill in counseling.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Date Created: 6/28/85