Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0924-9089
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, plans and assists in implementing specialized computer or other highly technical projects for a large University Department, impacting a significant population within the University.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THIS POSITION
For a large University Department this position is intended to assume a leadership role in taking a highly technical or computer driven project from inception to completion. This would include all administrative and technical details. These projects should be of a significant duration and complexity to support the use of this classification.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and management to a long-term project, establishing departmental priorities relative to the project parameters.
- Establishes internal project goals and parameters, hires, trains, evaluates and assigns tasks to staff
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of strategic phases for the project; evaluates and creates statistical and narrative reports to support the goals of the project and proposed direction
- Coordinates efforts with all effected agencies and/or University departments; may present training and/or presentations to higher administrative officials or other institutions
- Measures and assesses the needs and/or efficiency of present technical systems and makes recommendations for future needs; evaluating, selecting, and installing new equipment; or studying new techniques for data collection.
- Assesses the computer and/or technical needs for the project and develops appropriate systems.
- Develops surveys and questionnaires designed to provide data for planning future needs; prepares reports and makes recommendations accordingly.
- May represent the Department on various University and State planning committees.
- Promotes the use of appropriate technology to streamline and or improve efficiency for the desired area.
- May create comprehensive reports and present findings.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Five to ten years experience in data processing management
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff.
- Experience in project management and interacting with a multi-faceted University environment.
Date Created: 05/24/84
Date Revised: 06/01/00