Payroll Title: UCP VIII
Class Code: 0857-9088
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director, coordinates the activities of media technicians and provides consultant services in highly complex technical media such as computer and/or telenetworking systems for use in a variety of University settings.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
Incumbents in this position are expected to perform all the duties of a Media Technician I and II, but in addition must possess advanced skills in one or more technical media specialties.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and evaluates the effectiveness of advanced media systems such as computer or telenetworking systems, computer aided instruction systems and video disc interactive systems for use in a variety of instructional and non-instructional settings.
- Serves as a consultant and resource to the University community, in area of technical specialization, regarding effective use of highly complex media equipment and technology to enhance communication capabilities and achieve desired results.
- Coordinates the activities of media technicians in providing technical media services to the University and other clients.
- Conducts advanced seminars, training programs and workshops for faculty and administrators who utilize media technology in differing applications.
- Conducts the necessary research to design media systems appropriate for University or client use.
- Develops strategies and determines best utilization of media technology to serve the University and/or other client’s use.
- Performs the duties of a Media Technician I and II.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree in instructional media and technology or related field.
- Two to five years professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to design advanced media systems, such as computer or telenetworking, videodisc interactive systems, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced instructional media technology and its applications.
- Ability to teach advanced seminars and workshops.
Date Created: 02/05/86