Payroll Title: UCP II
Class Code: 0214-9082
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: N
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, promotes and carries out youth development programs in a designated geographic area.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes and implements regional program activities, as directed. Monitors day-to-day activities at each site.
- Develops and implements a recruitment program.
- Collaborates with community agencies to establish partnerships.
- Administers evaluation tools and conducts needs assessments.
- Writes reports as directed.
- Serves as contact with community and provides for informational needs such as publications, project program materials and educational opportunities.
- Promotes youth development programs through media and group presentations; recruits and provides educational opportunities for program members.
- May serve as project liaison to University offices/departments, public school officials and community agencies.
- May provide academic, personal and financial advisement and maintain program member caseload.
- Assists with identifying opportunities for grants and may assist with grant writing.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service training.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- Several years experience as a volunteer or paid staff member in similar program.
- Strong background in animal sciences, human relations, natural resources or other disciplines related to program needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Date Created: 09/05/1986
Date Revised: 08/21/1995