Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0429-9084
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, assists in planning and carrying out the informational and promotional activities of a large-scale self-supporting operation; and may be responsible for other special projects or services necessary to the department.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with supervisor to plan cost-effective strategies and promotional campaigns designed to attract membership, audiences and generate ticket sales or attendance for each event.
- Designs, schedules and produces brochures, posters, advertising flyers and newspaper advertisements and other informational and promotional materials; prepares designs for production, including layouts, paste-up, type specs and mechanical, as needed; reviews and corrects proofs.
- Schedules and coordinates volume mailings; keeps informed of mailing regulations and cost saving measures.
- May write copy for press releases, public service announcements, informational listings and other publicity materials.
- Maintains working relationship with members of public media to promote coverage of department events; assists with special media events designed to draw attention to departmental programs.
- Maintains and updates mailing lists, card files and other necessary records, which may be computerized.
- Maintains necessary files of promotional activities for each event, and assists in evaluating success of promotional and marketing campaigns; makes recommendations for improvements.
- May maintain fiscal records of expenditures and income; may prepare analysis of cost and income projections and make recommendations for more cost effective publicity activities.
- Keeps informed regarding available graphic products, services and costs.
- May be assigned responsibilities for other departmental services or projects, which may be on-going or short-term, and which require planning, coordination, supervision and resolution of complaints or problems; such assignments are necessary to the work of the unit and may require specialized knowledge such as knowledge of regulations and laws governing a public facility, knowledge of a particular clientele, etc
- Recruits, trains, organize and supervises a large staff of student workers and/or volunteers as necessary to carry out promotional/informational activities or other departmental needs.
- Works in concert with other staff to implement promotional and other activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree and two to four years experience in graphic design or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Creative graphics and writing ability necessary to produce publicity materials.
- Good recruiting, organizational and supervisory skills, if required by the position.
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and laws governing the particular operations of the department, or other areas of expertise, as may be required by the position
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, art or related field
Date Created: 6/28/1985