Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0550-9085
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of designated supervisor, assists in the administration of one or more residence halls, with responsibility for day-to-day staff supervision and training, student advising and development, and implementation of residence hall programs.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in selecting, training, supervising, evaluating and assigning work to Asst. Hall Directors, RA’s and student staff; as delegated, is responsible for hiring and dismissal of such staff.
- Assists in implementing residence hall, University and other applicable policies, rules, regulations, including Student Conduct Code.
- Disciplines offenders as provided for under the Student Conduct Code, at the Hall Director level.
- Responds to emergencies in accordance with established procedures.
- Is responsible for the day-to-day administration/coordination of residence area and assuring order at all times, within established guidelines and in cooperation with other Residential Life and University personnel.
- Maintains appropriate records and compiles reports as needed or requested.
- Provides personal counseling and serves as advisor to residence hall governments.
- Works with supervisor to plan and implement student leadership training programs.
- Is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and supervision of residence hall student programs and activities or an educational, cultural, social and recreational nature.
- Enforces Housing and Food Service Contracts and monitors housekeeping operations, within established guidelines and in cooperation with supervisor and other Residential Life staff.
- Works with supervisor to plan and implement room changes within the residence hall and, within established guidelines, is responsible for the opening and closing of the residence halls at the beginning and end of each semester and all vacation periods.
- Attends workshops and participates in departmental committees.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree and two years residence hall experience or Bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years of residence hall experience.
- Counseling, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise student and paraprofessional staff.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Computer usage skills, or willingness to learn.
Date Scored: 2/5/1987