Payroll Title: UCP XI
Class Code: 1102-9092
Job Family: SHS
FLSA Code: E
Under the administrative review of responsible health professional, diagnoses and treats students in need of remedial and preventive medical care.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines patient to determine nature and extent of illness.
- Is available for emergency on-call services, as assigned.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses and x-rays to provide information about patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examinations, and diagnoses condition.
- Administers and prescribes treatments and drugs.
- Takes referrals from Nurse Practitioners and advises them as needed.
- Guides and counsels patients about minor emotional problems and, where applicable, refers students to psychiatrist or other specialist.
- Refers patients for specialized medical care beyond the scope of SHS.
- Prescribes and orders inoculations/vaccinations for patients to immunize them from communicable diseases.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease.
- May supervise assisting nurses or other assigned office staff.
- Participates in and/or conducts in-service presentations.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Doctor of Medicine degree
- Satisfactory completion of medical internship
- Possession of current license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut.
- Federal DEA number and state controlled substance registration.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must meet Connecticut State Department of Public Health CME requirements for licensure.
Date Created: 6/28/85