The University of Connecticut Chapter of the AAUP, July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2016, Article 19. IV.A.2.
Management/Confidential Employees & ROTC Teaching Faculty Extended by University of Connecticut Board of Trustees Action.
The spouse of an eligible University employee, who has been accepted into an undergraduate degree program at the University of Connecticut, or one of its regional campuses, may take non-laboratory courses, on a space available basis, with the consent of the instructor.
Spousal Tuition Waiver Online Form
- Student must be the legal spouse of an AAUP Member, ROTC Teaching Faculty, or Management Confidential Employee. Initial legal documentation may be required.
- The employee must be employed a minimum of 50%. The waiver will be prorated to the percent of employment above 50%.
- The waiver applies to the Fall and Spring semesters only.
- The spouse/student must be matriculated into an undergraduate program at the University of Connecticut.
- The benefit waives tuition only; fees are the responsibility of the student.
- There is no credit limit attached to the benefit.
- The spouse/student may not pre-register for any courses on the tuition waiver request.
- The student may obtain a deferment. Contact the Bursar’s Office for deferment information.
- The spouse/student must get the consent of the professor.
- Tuition waivers for all courses are on a space available basis.
Students enrolling through the Registrar’s Office:
May register no earlier than the 1st day of classes.
General University fees; or any other fees.
Intersession, summer session, and laboratory classes.
Department of Human Resources
Tuition Benefits Coordinator