Spouse or Child is Newly Eligible for Coverage Through Another Source

You can voluntarily drop your spouse and/or child from your health coverage if they become newly eligible for coverage through another source, such as through a change in their employment. You have 31 days following their plan’s effective date of coverage to drop them from your coverage, by providing proof of coverage with effective date to Human Resources. The coverage will be dropped on the first of the month following their plan’s effective date of coverage. Your contributions will change only if there is a change in the coverage category as shown on the Medical & Dental Payroll Deductions website.

Contact Human Resources at benefits@uconn.edu or (860) 486-3034.