Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0733-9087
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of a supervisor, provides a moderate level of planning and coordinating for development and implementation of various aspects of major systems. Communicates with other departments utilizing systems.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Computer Center to implement federal or state-mandated regulations or changes to programs.
- Works with users to develop written requirements for various systems and subsystems; assists with coordinating education, user documentation and the handling of day to day problems.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining a change control procedure for user requirements, including documentation updates.
- Establishes priorities for systems development and collaborates with Computer Center in developing and maintaining project plans.
- Works closely with other system administrators on all matters involving the integration of systems.
- Provides written documentation and training in support of users systems applications.
- Develops user systems security, monitoring and overseeing user security systems administration and interfaces to Computer Center security administration.
- Make recommendations regarding user conflicts.
- Assists data processing personnel with developing, testing and parallel procedures.
- Converts data from old files and systems to new formats and systems.
- Recommends procedures required for the implementation of batch and on-line phases of development.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, AND two to three years technical experience which demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of mainframe hardware and software
- Knowledge of systems design criteria as well as systems architecture
- Demonstrated skills in planning, leadership, communication and organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with vendors, staff and users at all levels.
Date Created: 03/23/93
Date Revised: 09/18/96