Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0540-9085
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated supervisor, administers all aspects of ticket sales to staff, students and the general public for university events.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and distributes ticket applications, receives and processes all ticket orders and assigns season ticket location.
- Administers and supervises allotment of tickets for visiting schools, season ticket holders, students, faculty, staff, alumni and public sale.
- Accounts for and deposits all revenue received and maintains proper accounting records for ticket office, including sales, billings, refunds and collection of bad debts and checks.
- Supervises the sale of and sells tickets for events such as intercollegiate athletic games or SUBOG activities.
- Coordinates hiring, supervises, and assigns work to cashier, temporary and student staff, ticket sellers and ushers.
- Administers distributions of monies advanced to cash boxes for days of events, and makes deposits following events.
- Maintains necessary files, records, inventories and orders tickets and special supplies.
- Prepares necessary financial and statistical reports, including game/event audits.
- Responds to written, telephone, and personal inquiries from potential ticket buyers.
- Projects income from ticket sales to aid in total budget preparation and in determining ticket prices.
- Develops and administers ticket office budget.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field OR equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least two years accounting and sales experience.
- Good public relations skills.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and weekends.
- Supervisory ability.