Management Support & Development Program
The Management Support & Development Program has been designed at the direction of the President and Provost to support the unique needs of managers and supervisors at UConn.
The purpose of the program is to foster a clear understanding of UConn’s management philosophy including our core institutional values, policies and procedures and provide managers with the tools needed to ensure compliance with university conduct expectations, rules and regulations.
This program is mandatory for managers with significant supervisory responsibilities of other faculty and staff. Fall semester sessions for newly hired or newly promoted managers will be advertised once scheduled.
Managing Employees at UConn
The Management Development Program also addresses some of the more difficult and nuanced areas of managing employees at UConn; highlight the varied University resources that are available to help managers navigate the most complex workplace issues. Some of the topics that will be covered in the program include:
- Compensation & Classification of University Employees
- The Composition of UConn’s Workforce
- Promoting Workplace Civility
- Conflict Resolution
- Discrimination and Harassment Prevention
- Enforcement of the Inappropriate Relationships Policy
- Title IX Best Practices
- FMLA & ADA
- Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations Issues
- Strategies for Correcting Problematic Performance or Behavior
- Support and Resources Available to Help Managers Navigate Complex Workplace Issues
View Program Presentation