The Fall 2023 CT State In-Service Training Program catalog is now available.
Course Request Deadline: Friday, September 29th.
IMPORTANT! Please note the following information prior to registering for a course:
1. REVIEW PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Human Resources does not administer the CT In-Service program, we facilitate registration and collection of fees on behalf of The Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education.
- University employees must be certain to check their schedules carefully for potential conflicts and obtain supervisor’s permission to attend a State In-Service course.
- If you cannot attend the course in which you are registered, due to illness, work related reasons, or other unforeseen circumstance, another employee from your department may be sent to the course in your place. This is the only available remedy for absence from a course.
- A KFS number is required for payment at the time of registration. The KFS number will be charged by UConn Human Resources once the course registration is confirmed by the State In-Service Training Coordinator.
2. REVIEW THE FALL 2023 CT STATE IN-SERVICE TRAINING CATALOG
- Review the FALL 2023 IN-SERVICE TRAINING CATALOG
- Choose a course that best fits your professional or job skill development need.
- Seek support and/or approval from your supervisor (prior to registering for a course).
3. REGISTER FOR A COURSE USING THE ONLINE REGISTRAION FORM
- Register for a course using the ONLINE COURSE REGISTRATION FORM
- ATTENTION FACILITIES OPERATIONS EMPLOYEES: Facilities Operations employees are required to obtain additional approvals to attend a State In-service training course, please see Evelyn Sehl or Ryan Steinberg for your department’s application.
- Human Resources will send course confirmation notices to applicants, via email, upon approval of your course request. Please contact Kristine Douglin at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
4. Plan for Attending the Course
- For Online Courses: Please ensure you have received course log-in information from the instructor at least 24 hours prior to the start of the course. If you have not received course log-in information, please contact the instructor directly.
- For on Campus Courses: If you have not received course information from the instructor at least 24 hours prior to the start of the course, please contact the instructor directly to ensure the course has not been cancelled. If you cannot reach the instructor, contact the community college directly for information.
- In the Case of Inclement Weather: Please contact the instructor directly to ensure the course has not been cancelled. If you cannot reach the instructor, contact the community college directly for information.
State of CT In-Service Training Program Contacts
Program Coordinator: Cheryl Connor | email@example.com | (860) 723-0037
UConn Human Resources: Kristine Douglin | firstname.lastname@example.org | 860-486-8478
|Asnuntuck (AS)||Gary Carraemail@example.com||(860) 253-3128|
|Capital (CA)||Odile Dilonefirstname.lastname@example.org||(860) 906-5141|
|Gateway (CA)||Pamela Walshemail@example.com||(203) 285-2142|
|Manchester (MA)||Jennifer Milavskyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(860) 512-2816|
|Naugatuck (NV)||Cynthia Tolinemail@example.com||(203) 596-8743|
|Northwestern (NW)||Gary Carrafirstname.lastname@example.org||(860) 253-3128|
|Tunxis (TX)||Gary Carraemail@example.com||(860) 253-3128|